Enter current bank balances
Entering an opening bank balance is as simple as creating a new receipt from your bank. This will increase the bank balance from the receipt date.
⚠️ The opening balance should not be recorded as a journal entry.
🧭 Navigation Menu
For this example, we enter $100 as our opening bank balance on 11th December 2022.
1. Click on the Add Receipt button in your bank transactions.
2. Fill out the form
- ✅ The Pay To field is the bank you wish to enter the current balance.
- ✅ On the Basic Data tab, select the account you wish to use. In this example, we will select 3110, which is an Owner’s Capital account.
1. The bank balance in your Gimbla system should now be $100.00.
2. If you look at the account transaction report, you can see the double entry which debits the 1110 - ANZ Business Essentials and credits the 3110 - Owner’s Capital account.